Vinyl 2×LP$30.00Read More
2LP in reverse board printed sleeve with 5mm spine. Includes DL card.
4pp digipak CD
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
The debut album from Toronto born, Berlin based DJ/producer Nathan Micay FKA Bwana
The impeccable craft found in the huge past anthems that fuelled his rise is still present, but Micay has upped his own ante; a prodigious and natural creator, this is his best work yet. Highly melodic with complex but spacious sound design, this inspired work is a technicolour ride across sub bass, celestial future breakbeat, drum-roll-fuelled dancefloor rollercoasters, soaring euphoria, otherworldly soundscapes, weightless sino and even a bit of ¾ time. Micay has found a sweet-spot between prog, trance, techno, hardcore, jungle, IDM and ambient, in a renewed twist on the magic mix that birthed Future Sound of London’s hybrid classic ‘Accelerator’.
To create the album artwork, Nathan wrote a script outline, which was adapted by Peter Marsden into a comic, in turn illustrated by Dominic Flannigan, in tribute to the highly-influential Manga artist Katsuhiro Otomo. The comic sees a young data miner rebel by attending a rave in the woods with her friends, only for the event to be broken up by the ranks of a futuristic police state. ‘Blue Spring’ is the start of the revolution.
PLEASE NOTE WE HAVE SOLD OUT OF VERSIONS INCLUDING THE COMIC
Digital Track List
- 1 Romance Dawn For The Cyber World 5:00 Buy
- 2 Join Me Or Die. Can You Do Any Less 5:08 Buy
- 3 Ecstacy Is On Maple Mountain 5:38 Buy
- 4 He Has The Key 5:15 Buy
- 5 Blue Spring 4:14 Buy
- 6 11.11.90 (Beat Version) 4:07 Buy
- 7 Moon Scepter Elimination 5:14 Buy
- 8 LeafCutAngelicDepths 2:41 Buy
- 9 The Party We Could Have 7:08 Buy
- 10 May All Your Bacon Burn 3:59 Buy
- 11 Romance Dawn For The New World 4:57 Buy